Sunday 6 April 2008

re-installing GRUB

Situation:
You have linux and windows on your hdd,
As it happened you needed to reinstall M$ Windows, after that operation your GRUB is not visible after reboot.

Resolution:
1. run any of the Linux LiveCD distros (I used Ubuntu)
2. in Console type (as root or sudo):
->  grub

3. in Grub app (I had my linux partition on /dev/sda7 which is mapped to hd0,6 in GRUB):
->  root (hd0,6)
-> setup (hd0,6)

4. reboot
5. you're done if everything went fine -> I hope so :)

thanks,
chris

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.